Monday, February 13, 2012

George, Fatso and Jolson

I had some very serious work to do.

I cannot have pets in my apartment such as a dog, cat, or anything really more advanced than a rock. But I CAN have fish. So my daughter's boyfriend was getting rid of his aquarium. I WANTED an aquarium.

Perfect.

So I have an aquarium. A whole bunch of fish have unfortunately died. There ARE three fish left however. There is Fatso, the ugliest fish I have ever seen. But I'm told he's SUPPOSED to look that way.

There's Jolson. Not Al Jolson. But he is a white fish with black spots. Reminds me of the dalmatian we used to have -- the dumbest dog I have ever met, before or since -- that I called Jolson.

She really WAS about as dumb as a post.

But she was a good dog.

And there is Peter the Plecostomus. He is like the on-site janitor.

And then there is my wristwatch, who really IS named George.

Here they are:

This, as you can see, is George. There is even a period at the end of his name. He cost about $13.

Above, this is Jolson, on top. I like him.

This is, despite the fuzziness, Fatso. He is, well, fat. He has, of course, been bred that way. I did not pick out any of my fish. My daughter and her BF did. It gives me something to do aside from fart around on Farcebook all day.






10 comments:

  1. George looks fucking expensive!

    I think your aquarium needs a snail, a window licker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 63 Mago: No, I think he cost about $13. But he IS named George!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the idea of fish and an aquarium, but i'd rather not have the responsibility. i'm lazy like that, sugar! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Savannah: Once you get them established, there isn't a lot of work involved. You just have to avoid over-feeding them, a problem of mine. I also water plants too much. My daughter's BF has helped me take care of the fish and has cleaned my tank out once for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure that Jolson is really a fish? It looks like a kind of instant monster ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 63Mago: Jolson WAS a fish. I named that after my dead dog, who was a damatian. Jolson has since died, unfortunately. So I just have fatso and Piedro The Plecostomus left. A service for Jolson will be held tomorrow. Her remains have already -- gulp -- been flushed down the loo, as you Europeans say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So he went down his watery grave *clacks heels*.

    You will put in some nice Neons or Guppies?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neon Tetras is the plan. Jolson has since died, so only Fatso and the plecostomous remain. Snails are also possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete